Nutrition Tips by Ergysport
Nordic skiing subjects the body to a very important physiological stress because of the cumulative effects of the effort, the cold and the hypoxia (less diffusion of oxygen in the tissues at altitude).
A good physical/mental preparation and an adapted diet are necessary to participate and perform in such a discipline.
- Insist on hydration, increase water intake during training in the mountains: water loss is increased by hyperventilation and humidification of the drier air inspired.
- Increase the intake of food sources of carbohydrates: rice, pasta, quinoa, potatoes... Greater and earlier demand on the anaerobic energy chain at altitude, increased use of carbohydrates and glycogen during exercise. Recommended carbohydrate intake: 6.5 to 7.5 g/kg/day.
- Adjust and vary protein intake: 1 .5 to 1.8 g/kg/day
- Introduce color into your plate by eating colorful foods rich in antioxidants: colored fruits and vegetables, spices... because the production of free radicals is increased at altitude.
- Eat alkalizing foods regularly: fruits, vegetables, potatoes, sweet potatoes, avocado, dried fruits... Decrease in the buffering capacity of the body in hypoxia.
- Eat good quality oils every day: olive, colza, walnut...: 3 to 4 tablespoons/day, oilseeds, fatty fish: sardines, mackerel... - 300 to 400 g/week. Recommended fat intake: 1 to 1.5 g/kg/day.
- Have your iron stores checked
Optimize the dietary preparation with ERGYSPORT :
An effort drink for a good hydration during the practice:
- ERGYSPORT EFFORT 2 scoops in 500 ml of water - 2 sips every 10 to 15 minutes of effort
A recovery drink and deacidifying salts to recover after the sessions:
During the month before the event, trace elements and vitamins to be in shape on race day:
- ERGYSPORT OLIGOMAX: 1 to 2 capful(s)/day diluted in 1 liter of water
- ERGYSPORT STIM: 1 to 2 capsule(s)/day at breakfast
Carbohydrate intake during the race to avoid fuel starvation:
A breakfast before the effort, a snack of recovery, fast to prepare, digestible and effective:
- CREM'ERGY: chocolate cream with hazelnut chips to be prepared with 100 to 125 ml of water or vegetable drink and finished 1h30 before the effort
Sports nutrition plans customized to your race by ERGYSPORT :
In two months' time, the 2024 edition of the Marathon Ski Tour will get underway.
Skiers, traileurs, runners and walkers can now enjoy the historic Trans'ju route between Lamoura and Mouthe all year round.