Nutrition Tips by Ergysport
Nordic skiing subjects the body to a very important physiological stress because of the cumulative effects of the effort, the cold and the hypoxia (less diffusion of oxygen in the tissues at altitude).
A good physical/mental preparation and an adapted diet are necessary to participate and perform in such a discipline.
- Insist on hydration, increase water intake during training in the mountains: water loss is increased by hyperventilation and humidification of the drier air inspired.
- Increase the intake of food sources of carbohydrates: rice, pasta, quinoa, potatoes... Greater and earlier demand on the anaerobic energy chain at altitude, increased use of carbohydrates and glycogen during exercise. Recommended carbohydrate intake: 6.5 to 7.5 g/kg/day.
- Adjust and vary protein intake: 1 .5 to 1.8 g/kg/day
- Introduce color into your plate by eating colorful foods rich in antioxidants: colored fruits and vegetables, spices... because the production of free radicals is increased at altitude.
- Eat alkalizing foods regularly: fruits, vegetables, potatoes, sweet potatoes, avocado, dried fruits... Decrease in the buffering capacity of the body in hypoxia.
- Eat good quality oils every day: olive, colza, walnut...: 3 to 4 tablespoons/day, oilseeds, fatty fish: sardines, mackerel... - 300 to 400 g/week. Recommended fat intake: 1 to 1.5 g/kg/day.
- Have your iron stores checked
Optimize the dietary preparation with ERGYSPORT :
An effort drink for a good hydration during the practice:
- ERGYSPORT EFFORT 2 scoops in 500 ml of water - 2 sips every 10 to 15 minutes of effort
A recovery drink and deacidifying salts to recover after the sessions:
- ERGYSPORT REGEN 2 dosettes in 500 ml to 1 liter of water within 30 to 45 minutes after exercise
- ERGYSPORT RECUP 2 to 3 capsules at bedtime
During the month before the event, trace elements and vitamins to be in shape on race day:
- ERGYSPORT OLIGOMAX: 1 to 2 capful(s)/day diluted in 1 liter of water
- ERGYSPORT STIM: 1 to 2 capsule(s)/day at breakfast
Carbohydrate intake during the race to avoid fuel starvation:
- NATURAL BOOST fruit puree
- Energy bars BAR'ERGY seeds and BAR'ERGY multifruits
A breakfast before the effort, a snack of recovery, fast to prepare, digestible and effective:
- CREM'ERGY: chocolate cream with hazelnut chips to be prepared with 100 to 125 ml of water or vegetable drink and finished 1h30 before the effort
Sports nutrition plans customized to your race by ERGYSPORT :
Registration for the Transju' Cyclo opens 🚲
And here we go, La Transju' Cyclo opens its registrations for the second edition of the race which will take place on September 16 and 17, 2023 and which promises to be exceptional.
D-30 before the Transju' Trails 👟
Only a few weeks left before we meet again. Join us, 6 trail and hiking events are waiting for you all weekend long.
The Transju' Cyclo ⛔️ SAVE THE DATE ⛔️
After the success of the first edition, the Transju' Cyclo is back for a second edition on September 16th and 17th 2023 in Champagnole.