THE EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST SO YOU DON'T FORGET ANYTHING WITH SALOMON
To make sure you don't forget anything when you hit the slopes, nothing beats a good checklist! Remember to adapt each category of equipment to your discipline and to the conditions thanks to our guides and adventures. Depending on your experience, you can change this list to take only the essentials on the slopes without forgetting important equipment for your comfort or to deal with an unexpected event.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING SESSION:
- Cross country skis classic or skating
- Shoes adapted to your skis and your discipline
- Sticks and lanyards of the right size
- Cross-country ski clothing depending on the conditions: underwear and jacket for the upper body, tights or pants, socks, gloves, headband or hat
- Supplies: cross-countryski belt(or water bottle holder) with water, food and personal items
FOR THE APRÈS-SKI :
- A warm down jacket
- A complete change of clothes if you sweated a lot or if the conditions were wet
- A drink to rehydrate you and some cereal bars
SKI EQUIPMENT TO TAKE WITH YOU:
If you practice skating and classic, remember to bring the set of skis / boots / poles of the discipline at the risk of finding yourself with equipment incompatible with the planned session.
If you use cross-country ski poles with removable or "click" straps, remember to take the straps with you if they are not already attached to your poles.
You can wax your skis at home or once on site when a dedicated waxing area is available. In this case, remember to bring your waxing kit.
CROSS-COUNTRY SKI CLOTHING:
- Tights or pants
- Socks for cross-country skiing
- Headband or thin hat
- Cold weather choker
Choosing your cross-country ski clothing is probably the most difficult question (after waxing your skis, of course!). The "What to wear for cross-country skiing" guide will help you choose the right clothes for the conditions of the day.
- Cross-country ski belt or water bottle holder
- Sports drink, water
- Food, cereal bars, gels ...
During a long or intense session, you can use a cross-country belt to carry your drink and food. A few personal belongings such as keys, money or your phone will also find their place in it.
- Watch and heart rate monitor
The choice of the equipment to take during a ski session is often a matter of compromise to carry only the essential while remaining autonomous. On less isolated itineraries and with the possibility of leaving your equipment near the Nordic area (car or backpack), you can always readapt your equipment ... if it is not left at home!
In two months' time, the 2024 edition of the Marathon Ski Tour will get underway.
Skiers, traileurs, runners and walkers can now enjoy the historic Trans'ju route between Lamoura and Mouthe all year round.